Hello friends! What an interesting time we’re all in, hm?
Today marks nearly two weeks that Gene and I have been self isolating and social distancing – while I still have back end work I am always able to work on, sometimes baking is just more fun!
These orange chocolate biscotti cookies are absolutely incredible, fairly easy to make, and I thought I’d share some fun baking images with you all as well as the recipe if you’re in a baking mood too!
Perfect for an after dinner snack, dunk in your morning coffee or just eat a few in a row 😉 We’re on quarantine time, and this is a judgement free zone!
I adapted this recipe from Bon Appetite – switching out the liquor for orange juice and using chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate. I also omitted nuts as we didn’t have any here today. Use what you have and be creative! You can find the full recipe at the bottom of the page:)
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) chocolate, chopped
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then Grand Marnier and orange peel. Add flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate. Gather dough together; divide in half. Wrap in plastic and freeze 20 minutes to firm.
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Using floured hands, form each dough piece into 14-inch-long, 2 1/2-inch-wide log. Transfer logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer parchment with logs to rack. Cool 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Place 1 log on cutting board. Using serrated knife, cut log on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand slices upright on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining log.
- Bake biscotti until dry to touch and pale golden, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on rack. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container.